Hi from London

We welcome all our new registered users, introduce yourself in here (public) / Nous souhaitons le bienvenue à tous nos utilisateurs enregistrés, présentez-vous ici (public)

Moderators: Committee, Former-Committee

baser999

Hi from London

Post by baser999 » 29/08/2008 12:32:07

Hi guys, just popping in to say hello. We'll be driving through to Switzerland in September and stopping over for three nights (7,8 and 9th) in the Grand Duchy en route so if you see us give a wave :) Will then be stopping over again on our way home (29 and 30th) Will be in mica blue 2000 classic, with username and Kent Scoobies sticker on rear passenger windows, 'Petter pigs' on both wing mirrors and "...if in doubt, flat out" (a tribute to Colin McRae) across the boot lid!
Its a fairly basic impreza apart from dump valve, decat back section exhaust and remap which has taken it up to around 276 bhp. It runs on Shell V-power and hope there's no problem in getting hold of this out there?
Hope to say hello whilst we're there.
ps anyone coming over for the McRae Gathering this weekend

SergeK-80
Former committee member

Post by SergeK-80 » 29/08/2008 19:09:58

Hi baser999,

welcome to our forum!

Hope to see you around here :D. In which area of our little country will you stay? I will keep my eyes open.

There should be no probs in getting decent fuel over here and in Switzerland

There are a few of us who are on the gathering, perhaps you see them!

c ya

Serge
Form follows function

baser999

Post by baser999 » 30/08/2008 18:00:27

Hi. We're actually stopping in the city itself and probably for a couple of days do the usual sightseeing bit and have a beer without having to worry about driving afterwards. Tania would probably like to do the 'pretty' stuff on the other day so we'll hit the road for a ride round. Will wave if I spot you :D Will be at the McRae Gathering so might see you there - by the time you get to read this you'll probably be home

BenD-86
Former committee member

Post by BenD-86 » 02/09/2008 0:14:11

hello
an welcome to the forum!!

ben

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 02/09/2008 0:41:23

Hi baser999,

Welcome to our forum !

Just got back from the gathering half an our ago, I'd say, I spotted you car on the gathering, but I think that would have been sheerly impossible :shock: 8) I never imagined I would see that many scoobys at one time in my whole life ! What a great memory, which will last veeeeeeeeeeery long !

And a worthy way to honor the man that got us together !

Hope to see you around while you're here.

JP.

PS: In case you see a grey Opel Astra waving and blinking, that would be me in my everyday drive ;-)
Jean-Pierre Rasquin / Webmaster & Chairman / Impreza Club Luxembourg / www.impreza-club.lu

YvesB-80
Secretary

Post by YvesB-80 » 02/09/2008 17:57:57

Hello baser999!

Welcome to our forum!

Good to hear that you will do a nice trip to Luxembourg and Switzerland very soon! I already wish you a pleasant vacation!! :D

I don't know when you plan to arrive in Luxembourg but if you need a local guide for sunday, just let me know. Maybe you would like to go for a little tour through our beautiful country or is there anything specific that you would like to see? (Maybe some of the guys could join us as well) ;-) Of couse this is just an idea. I don't want to be intrusive!!

Concerning the petrol stations in Luxembourg, you should be able to find 98-Octane without any issue. Most of the stations sell it over here. (Only Esso seems to have dropped it recently).

Hope to see you around.

Cheers,
Bisi

PS: Could you possibly post a picture of your car? I would be interested to know if we have seen it during the McRae Gathering! ;-)