a quick hello from Holland also! Again!

We welcome all our new registered users, introduce yourself in here (public) / Nous souhaitons le bienvenue à tous nos utilisateurs enregistrés, présentez-vous ici (public)

Moderators: Committee, Former-Committee

HenriW-91
Forum-User

a quick hello from Holland also! Again!

Post by HenriW-91 » 28/05/2013 22:23:48

Well, where to start off..

I am Henri, i'm 21 years old, and living in a town near Zwolle in Holland.

My interest for Subaru in particular started many many many years ago at a vacation in germany, I don't know anymore where it was in precise location.. only thing i know from that holiday is that we were woken up all of a sudden on an bright saturday morning when there was a lot of engine noise rolling down the mountain.. so my dad and I went up to look what was causing this noise..

turned out to be some sort of Rally stage that was held there.. we stayed up there for about 4 hours and saw many many subarus passing by at high speeds..

that was the moment in particular I was getting interested in the subaru WRC rally cars..

from that moment I also wanted a subaru for my own when I was 18 years old.. few years later I turned 18 years old and my parents didn't agreed with me that i'd get a car for my own.. so I had to set the plans back for few years.

then I was about to finish my study and needed transportation from and to my internship location.. My dad and I went to look at cars.. and I was constantly looking between the subarus.. so my dad was also going to start looking for one.. which we finally found in a place near ours.

It had to be a Subaru Impreza WRX STI 2002, bone stock (other than an Mishimoto oil cooler mounted behind the grille) with about 195.000 km on the ODO.. this was in August 2012.
I also immediately got myself a membership of the Subaruclub Holland..

here is a picture of my car when i bought it:

then I got some kind of virus.. we all know under the name "changing the car to your likings".

so I changed some things here and there..

starting with an HKS SSQV IV blow off valve..
followed by a tint on the windows.. side back windows 80% darkened and rear window 95%.
after that I changed the original radio unit with one from Pioneer, the Avic F940BT.

here is a picture of how it is now:

And i am planning on doing some modifications in near future.

I am going to mount a set of Gauges in the dashpod I got from Zerosports. 60mm STRI gauges..
after that I am going to change up the inside a bit with 4 point racing harnesses.
and maybe later I am going to lower the car a bit more with a coilover set and at same time I am going to change the wheels.

And after joining the Roadtour this weekend, I have also done some nice ideas for the outside of the car.

due to the window tinting I have a less good FM radio reception, so I was going to look at a roof antenna.. which I wanted to combine with a shark fin roof spoiler. and if I am drilling in the roof already i'd also add a Zero Sports STI look roof spoiler, but also with the fins in the spoiler blade. kind of like I saw on one of the organisators cars from the tour du luxembourg last weekend.

Well, I am thinking this is enough for now.. turned out to be a long story!

greetings from Holland!

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 29/05/2013 10:59:09

Hello Henri,

Welcome on our forum and glad you enjoyed our tour ;)

JP.
Jean-Pierre Rasquin / Webmaster & Chairman / Impreza Club Luxembourg / www.impreza-club.lu