Spa trackday

Smalltalk section (public) / Bavardages (public)

Moderators: Committee, Former-Committee

Subaru324

Spa trackday

Post by Subaru324 » 02/02/2009 1:58:44

who is going? I cant post in any other forum. i'm not VIP material

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 02/02/2009 8:54:11

Hi,

:arrow: I've moved your topic to "Small talk / Discussions", fits better there than under "Impreza WRX STi", the other models can drive there as well ;-) :lol:

6 are registered already, some took the full package, others only pace car or think feel drive sessions. 5 or 6 more said they were going to, but haven't yet confirmed to have registered, so I don't know. We also booked 2 pitboxes (for 3 cars each) so far.

Some others will join up to watch only...

JP.

PS: The other forums are for members only, and for VIPs/Sponsors as well, but this is clearly regulated, VIPs are members of fellow foreign Subaru or car clubs, Sponsors is reserved for our commercial partners obviously. You can find membership info here 8)
Jean-Pierre Rasquin / Webmaster & Chairman / Impreza Club Luxembourg / www.impreza-club.lu

Subaru324

Post by Subaru324 » 02/02/2009 10:05:09

I'm a member of two foreign Subaru car clubs. Both NASIOC and IWSTI.

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 02/02/2009 11:21:29

To be precise, comittee members, so we can organise things amongst clubs...
Jean-Pierre Rasquin / Webmaster & Chairman / Impreza Club Luxembourg / www.impreza-club.lu

Subaru324

Post by Subaru324 » 02/02/2009 11:59:05

Yank555 wrote:To be precise, comittee members, so we can organise things amongst clubs...
Ok nevermind I was unaware that that british guy that "just found a link" to the site was a comittee member.

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 02/02/2009 13:12:50

Well a comittee member of his club, not ours of course ;-) He's organising the trip to Luxembourg for fellow brits of his club/area that want to participate to the Road Tour.

But the main point is, for those persons in and around Luxembourg, meaning those that will really be able to take advantage of what the club has to offer, the same rules apply, else why would some pay their membership fees while other would profit from the same advantages without doing so ?

And BTW, I myself just as the other 4 members of our very own comittee have, as every year, paid their full membership fee, which is 30€ a year. We have other members from Trier as well, or from Metz, for instance, all having paid their full membership.

So what would justify we gave you an access for free towards them ? That would just not be fair to those that follow the rules, would it ?

I mean it's up to you to decide whether you just want to use the free part of our forum, which is fine and meant to be used that way, or become a full member and take advantage of everything the club has to offer, forum and other things.

Subaru324

Post by Subaru324 » 02/02/2009 14:33:30

Yank555 wrote:Well a comittee member of his club, not ours of course ;-) He's organising the trip to Luxembourg for fellow brits of his club/area that want to participate to the Road Tour.

But the main point is, for those persons in and around Luxembourg, meaning those that will really be able to take advantage of what the club has to offer, the same rules apply, else why would some pay their membership fees while other would profit from the same advantages without doing so ?

And BTW, I myself just as the other 4 members of our very own comittee have, as every year, paid their full membership fee, which is 30€ a year. We have other members from Trier as well, or from Metz, for instance, all having paid their full membership.

So what would justify we gave you an access for free towards them ? That would just not be fair to those that follow the rules, would it ?

I mean it's up to you to decide whether you just want to use the free part of our forum, which is fine and meant to be used that way, or become a full member and take advantage of everything the club has to offer, forum and other things.
We have already discussed this.. I only speak and read english and 99% of the posts on here are not.

I cannot not justify spending 30 euros a year to read my own posts. Sorry

other then posting..what advantages does being a member have?

SergeK-80
Former committee member

Post by SergeK-80 » 02/02/2009 15:48:18

Subaru324 wrote:
Yank555 wrote:Well a comittee member of his club, not ours of course ;-) He's organising the trip to Luxembourg for fellow brits of his club/area that want to participate to the Road Tour.

We have already discussed this.. I only speak and read english and 99% of the posts on here are not.

I cannot not justify spending 30 euros a year to read my own posts. Sorry

other then posting..what advantages does being a member have?
We are not talking about spending 30€ to be member of the forum, but being member of our club. With the 30€ you support the club (what makes it possible for us to organise events like the road-tour etc.), you get the monthly newsletter, you are regularly informed about events that we organise or take part etc.

Serge
Form follows function

Subaru324

Post by Subaru324 » 02/02/2009 15:51:34

is the newsletter in english?

SergeK-80
Former committee member

Post by SergeK-80 » 02/02/2009 16:32:49

Not at the moment, because we haven't any english-speaking members yet.
Form follows function

YvesB-80
Secretary

Post by YvesB-80 » 05/02/2009 18:20:24

Hi John,

Just to be a bit more precise, our newsletter is written in french and german.