Hello my friends!!

Smalltalk section (public) / Bavardages (public)

Moderators: Committee, Former-Committee

DanielO-79
VIP-Guest

Hello my friends!!

Post by DanielO-79 » 31/01/2014 23:01:07

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I last posted here so just wanted to come and say hi.
Haven't seen any of you for a long time so I am hoping we can meet up sometime this year :)
My wife and I had a baby boy on 1st September 2013, so all of my attention has been with our family but now I am turning a little of my attention to the P1.
The P1 has had some new details over the last 12 months, and now it has a child seat fitted so that my son can join us :)

My wife has a sister that now lives and works in Amsterdam, so I am hoping that we can plan a visit during the summer so that my wife can spend some time with her sister and I can visit you all at the same time in Luxembourg.
I just need to find a good hotel........any suggestions??

Speak again soon, and I hope everyone has a great 2014!! 8)

Jean-PierreR-71
President

Post by Jean-PierreR-71 » 31/01/2014 23:45:58

Hi,

Well now that is great news, congrats to the parents :D

Would be really nice if we can meet up, let us know when, we can help you find a hotel ;)

JP.
Jean-Pierre Rasquin / Webmaster & Chairman / Impreza Club Luxembourg / www.impreza-club.lu

YvesB-80
Secretary

Post by YvesB-80 » 01/02/2014 15:02:20

Hello Dan!

It has been a long time indeed...... but it's good to hear that the family is well, the Scooby is even better than before and your son is enjoying his first rides in a proper car! ;-)

It would be great to have you with us either in Spring or Summer, whatever fits to your agenda.

Our annual Roadtour is scheduled for the weekend of May 31st and June 1st but there will be another (one day) tour sometime in summer.

There are plenty of hotels in Luxembourg and I am sure we can find the right one for you! Let us know when you intend to come (and for how many days) so that we can set up a decent plan! ;-)

Best regards to you and the family!

See you soon,
Yves

DanielO-79
VIP-Guest

Post by DanielO-79 » 01/02/2014 21:38:19

Thanks for the kind words guys, will definitely be great to meet up again!
I'm hoping to visit you for the Road Tour and will stay for both days, then I'll be heading back to Amsterdam.
Any hotels that have secure parking and good food/drink would be great 8)

YvesB-80
Secretary

Post by YvesB-80 » 02/02/2014 23:42:24

Hello Dan,

Your choice might be restricted due to the fact that Thursday (May 29th) is a public holiday here in Luxembourg (and in other European countries as well). The best advice I can give you is to book your hotel asap!

The most convenient hotels in the greater area of Ettelbruck may be the following ones:

- Hotel Leweck in Lipperscheid (www.sporthotel.lu): Already sold out!

- Hotel Dahm in Erpeldange (www.hotel-dahm.com): Offers a covered car park. I rang them tonight and they still have some rooms available but they may sell out quickly (due to a wedding on Saturday night). The location is ideal (maximum 5 minutes to get to the meeting point) in Ettelbruck… but it might be a little noisy due to the wedding...

- Hotel Martha in Beringen (www.gudd.lu/hotel): Brand new –modern/stylish – Hotel that is located at about 10 minutes drive from the meeting point. I’ve dropped them a line in order to check their availability. I should get a reply by tomorrow.

- Cocoon Hotel La Rive, Bourscheid (http://www.cocoonhotels.com/en/la-rive- ... fo-en.html): Recently renovated Hotel located in Bourscheid-Plage, alongside the Sauer River. 10-15 minutes drive to Ettelbruck. I believe they have different types of rooms so prices may vary. It may be worth to check prices and availability, either via phone or through a booking portal (eg. www.booking.com)

- Cocoon Hotel Belair, Bourscheid (http://www.cocoonhotels.com/en/belair-e ... fo-en.html): New (or recently renovated?) Hotel located in Bourscheid-Plage, alongside the Sauer River. 10-15 minutes drive to Ettelbruck. I believe they have different types of rooms so prices may vary. It may be worth to check prices and availability, either via phone or through a booking portal (eg. www.booking.com)

Other options could be:

- The hotels located in Vianden (Victor Hugo, Petry, Auberge de l’Our, Belvedere, …) but I’m not sure about the parking situation over there. Driving time towards Ettlebruck would be about 25-30 minutes

- The hotels located in Luxembourg-City (Double Tree by Hilton, Park Hotel Alvisse, NH Luxembourg, Sofitel). These are business hotels and normally they aren’t cheap but sometimes they offer special “Weekend rates” (which may not be the case on Ascension weekend) but it might still be worth checking. Driving time towards Ettlebruck would be about 35-40 minutes.

If you need any futher help just let me know!

Good luck!!! ;-)

DanielO-79
VIP-Guest

Post by DanielO-79 » 03/02/2014 1:37:06

Thanks Yves! 8)

I've managed to reserve 2 nights at a hotel only 10km from Ettelbruck :D
I'm looking forward to the road tour already!!

Will be great to see you and J.P again!

Let's hope we get some beautiful weather for the tour!

YvesB-80
Secretary

Post by YvesB-80 » 03/02/2014 22:48:19

That's great news!!! :-)

DanielO-79
VIP-Guest

Post by DanielO-79 » 08/02/2014 17:31:03

The P1 s all ready now, but it's a long time to wait for May! 8)

ClaudioC-62
Forum-User

Post by ClaudioC-62 » 09/02/2014 14:22:09

Hi DanielO-79, your Subby is realy great !!!
I just wanted to make you my heartfelt congratulations for your Car,
and for Baby too of course, even if you dont know you...
3 voyelles et 3 consonnes suffisent pour nomer un mythe : SUBARU !!!

MY LOGO :

je suis égalment inscrit dans les forums suivants :

>>> http://forum.webclub-subaru.com/portal.php <<<

>>> http://forum.subby.fr/portal.php <<<

>>> http://www.subaruclub.info/forumsct/index.php <<<

DanielO-79
VIP-Guest

Post by DanielO-79 » 10/02/2014 22:50:30

ClaudioC-62 wrote:Hi DanielO-79, your Subby is realy great !!!
I just wanted to make you my heartfelt congratulations for your Car,
and for Baby too of course, even if you dont know you...
Hi Claudio!

Thanks very much for your kind words.
Hope to see you at the Road Tour this year!! 8)

MikeB-78
Forum-User

Post by MikeB-78 » 13/02/2014 13:22:19

Hey Daniel!
Will be great to see you back again! And we can´t wait to get a closer look, to your nicely modified P1
Drive it like you stole it!